Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Never in My Wildest Deams

Just read in the paper about a right wing politician saying that if Obama's health plan passes the U.S.A. will have a mini-revolution.

WTFO- Not in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I would see this much hullabaloo over an issue. I guess that is why all the right wingers are arming themselves at an alarming rate. What are they going to do bomb more government buildings (Tim McVeigh style)? It is sad to think that we must rattle swords instead of having a debate about ideas. I have not heard one idea from the right except NO WE CANT.

Small business and large corporations are fighting the health plan tooth and nail. Can't Rush Limbaugh's and other republican followers figure out that they are fomenting and promoting violence against innocent people just to keep from spending their money? It is true that they would take the pennies off a dead mans eyes just so they could have bigger houses, nicer cars and more power. In fact, sadly, most owners and heads of businesses large or small think that the common laborer and working man is just ignorant and stupid.

He who is given much is obliged to give much!


5 comments:

  1. Popping over on your daughter's recommendation.

    Amen to your last sentence. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two Random Thoughts:

    1. I find it interesting that one Muslim commits an act of violence (which I don't condone by any means) and he's a terrorist while right-wing anti-government militia members bombed Oklahoma City and people still don't refer to that as a right-wing terrorist attack. We had ELECTED OFFICIALS speaking to anti-government revolution tea parties. Then a Democrat is called anti-American for supporting health care?

    2. I have a few wealthy conservative friends who are under the illusion that their wealth is the product of hard work. While I don't deny hard work, the reality is that geography, chance and privilege are all contributers to wealth. Simply being an American means I am richer than my undocumented students that I teach.

    Anyway, I love the blog! Your daughter recommended it, so I thought I'd stop by and post a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an Aussie, used to reasonable healthcare via the Govt funded Medicare, it always amazes me how the "US" can be so dysfunctional, and healthcare is one of those dysfunctional areas. But even here there are inequalities, my boss can afford "experimental" surgury for prostate cancer that most people couldn't afford.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well-said. I don't understand the resistance to this issue and the negativity and scare tactics thrown at the prospect. Do any of them have any ideas how to fix what's wrong? Apparently not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing about what I see going on in the health care debate that makes me hopeful for our future.

    By the way, I get "WTF," but what does the "O" stand for?

    ReplyDelete